- Our exclusive focus is on veterinary biologics (not pharmaceuticals, feed additives, etc.).
- AVBC’s views are solicited and respected by APHIS personnel.
- We maintain professional legal counsel with a Washington DC office that has extensive experience in veterinary medical issues. This expertise may also serve as a resource for individual members on proprietary matters.
- AVBC monitors and sends periodic updates on APHIS rule-making and disseminates this information to member firms for comment in a timely fashion.
- Our organization is a cost-effective regulatory resource, as dues cost less than paying in-house personnel to keep up with APHIS rule-making.
- Many AVBC members consist of retired top APHIS personnel who now are consultants and provide great insight into the workings of the agency. These consultants are also available to individual firms for in-house projects.
- APHIS personnel attend and participate in AVBC meetings.
- AVBC is an Interested Party for the International Cooperation on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Veterinary Products (VICH). AVBC counsel attends VICH Steering Committee meetings and reports to AVBC membership. This is a cost-effective way for AVBC member firms to have a presence in and monitor on VICH activities.
- The AVBC organization works for the benefit of veterinary biologics licensees in regard to APHIS policy development and rule-making. AVBC actions are based on active participation and input from members
- Firms holding and applying for a USDA biologics license are eligible for full voting membership in AVBC. Small firms have the same voice within the organization as large firms.
- AVBC provides a strong, unified voice for our member firms before government officials and allied industry.
- AVBC creates opportunities for member firms to interact and discuss issues associated with the biologics industry in both a business and social environment.
Active membership is limited to holders of a USDA establishment license for production of veterinary biologics, firms in the process of obtaining such a license, and firms holding USDA import permits for sale and distribution.
Associate membership is available to companies and individuals in allied industries.
Independent Consultant membership is available for an individual operating as a one-person consulting business.
Ready to Join?
Unified voices supporting a dynamic industry.
Join the nationally recognized network that supports, collaborates, coordinates, and promotes the interests of veterinary biologics.
AVBC keeps its members informed through e-mail reports on urgent matters, periodic mailings, and the semi-annual meeting program. AVBC’s annual meetings contains a strong education program plus a business session. Additional meetings may be held in conjunction with other industry-related conferences, such as the U.S. Animal Health Association meeting and the CVB Public Meeting.
“AVBC meetings are geared to encourage participation by all members and government officials are always welcome.
AVBC advocates for its member through formal and informal statements on policy proposals and through meetings and other discussions with government officials – and with allies and adversaries in other industries.”
Any person holding or applying for a USDA license or import permit for a veterinary biological product is eligible for voting membership in the association. Companies, consultants, and persons in related industries are eligible to become associate members.
Addison Biological Laboratory, Inc.
Agri Labs, Inc.
American Animal Health, Inc.
Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica
Charles River Laboratories
Colorado Serum Company
Elanco Animal Health
ELIAS Animal Health
Hipra USA LLC
Merck Animal Health
Pharmgate Biologics, Inc.
Philbro Animal Health Corp.
Texas Vet Lab, Inc.
EDGE Veterinary Vaccines Consulting Group, LLC
Milliken Associates, Inc.
Proliant Health and Biologicals
Dusek Veterinary Biologics Consulting, LLC
Expedite Animal Health, Inc
Henderson Consulting, LLC
Lasher Associates, Inc.
Lewis Biologics Consulting, Inc.
Pair O’ Docs