Advocates for the
AVBC supports and promotes the USDA 9 CFR approach to veterinary biologics
regulation and inspection.
We represent industry interests in any
activity for the development of product
manufacturing and testing standards.
We collaborate with USDA, livestock
owners, and veterinarians to rationalize
product labeling requirements & adverse
Unified voices supporting a dynamic industry.
The Association of Veterinary Biologics Companies offers three types of memberships that cater to keeping Active, Associate and Independent Consultant members informed through active annual meetings, mailings, and periodic mailings.
- Support and promote the USDA 9 CFR approach to veterinary biologics regulation and inspection.
- Represent industry interests in any activity for the development of product manufacturing and testing standards.
- Support adequate resources for APHIS programs to assure the quality of veterinary biologics and to minimize the impact of animal diseases.
- Collaborate with USDA, livestock owners, and veterinarians to rationalize product labeling requirements, adverse incident reporting, and other current regulatory issues.
- Coordinate industry participation in the efficient implementation of homeland security measures.
- Assure the continued flexibility of the regulatory program to foster innovation and specialty products, including autogenous biologicals.
- Support conclusion of bilateral mutual recognition agreements to facilitate trade with Canada, Mexico, and other nations.
- Support the education and cooperation efforts of the Institute for International Cooperation in Animal Biologics (IICAB) and the harmonization activities of the Committee of the Americas for Veterinary Drugs (CAMEVET).
- Participate in the efforts to harmonize product standards through VICH to facilitate licensing of products.
- The Association of Veterinary Biologics Companies meets twice a year, in the spring and fall.
- The 2011 Fall meeting is scheduled for September 27 -28, in Ames, Iowa. Please contact AVBC at 703-506-1050 for more information.